Arden College – Priory Education Services
Special needs catered for
Arden College is a co-educational specialist residential college, providing specialist support and care for young adults aged 16 to 25 with learning difficulties, including communication difficulties and/or behavioural support needs, Asperger’s syndrome, autistic spectrum disorders and associated conditions.
- Situated in a urban environment in a lively seaside town
- Places for up to 70 residential and day learners
- College-owned café, office, salon and horticultural enterprise to develop vocational skills and provide real work experience
- Well established links with local employers to provide work placements in retail, catering and horticultural environments
- Residential accommodation within registered homes in the local community, encouraging the development of independent living skills and social integration
Support services provided
With a dedicated team of staff, we aim to provide every young person with an individually tailored programme of education, care, work experience, leisure and life skills and training within the community, enabling them to live as independently as possible and make their own life choices.
Located in the heart of Southport on the west coast of Lancashire, the college offers extensive learning and work experience opportunities within the local community, with the aim of increasing independence and employability skills.
Aims and philosophy
It is our aim to create a safe, secure and independent living environment where our young adults have a sense of belonging within their group and a sense of ownership for their home. We wish to enable young people to develop the confidence and skills they need for the next stage of their lives.
At the end of their time at Arden College, our young people will be ready to move onto the next steps in their independence, be that in supported living or independent living within the community. Our goal is to enable young people to live as independently as possible and to make their own choices as they reach adulthood.